[Python-Dev] What to do with languishing patches?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jul 21 00:09:50 CEST 2010

In any case, a module list should be separate from components.

On 7/20/2010 4:43 PM, Oleg Broytman wrote:

>     In this particular case I'd rather tend to agree - an editable
> single-line box to enter space-*and*-comma-separated modules list would be
> the best interface.

An interesting idea.
In any case, a module list should be separate from components. A custom
app would only allow entry there if Lib is a selected component. Such
could also use a selecton screen with multiple columns rather than a
single column. But we are limited to what can be done with a web
interface. If Lib is not selected and modules are entered, Lib could be
autoselected as it is unlikely that one would type in module names if it
should not be. A back-end check against would be nice, but would suffer
from the update problem, as well as module name changes.

--
Terry Jan Reedy