[Python-Dev] Licensing

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Jul 7 06:59:10 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> For example, if you look at some of the code that even Guido has
> submitted (e.g. pgen2), that's actually come in under Google's
> contributor agreement, rather than Guido's personal one. Presumably
> that was work he did on company time, so the copyright actually rests
> with Google rather than Guido.

I hope you are misremembering some details. I did that work while at
Elemental Security (i.e. before I joined Google). It should have
Elemental Security's contributor agreement. I developed that code
initially for inclusion in Elemental's product line (as part of a
parser for a domain-specific language named "Fuel" which did not get
open-sourced -- probably for the better.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)