[Python-Dev] Suggestion: new 3 release with backwards compatibility

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:52:20 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 17:10, Juan Fernando Herrera J.
<juanfhj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm eager to use 3, but paradoxically,
> the 3 release makes me rather stuck with 2.6. Excuse me if this has been
> suggested in the past.

Yes. Python 3 is not what you want to use today if you write
applications. If you write libraries 2010 is the year to port, IMO.
With some luck, 2011 will be the year to start porting applications
properly. We'll see.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64