[Python-Dev] setUpClass and setUpModule in unittest

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Feb 13 12:00:06 CET 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-13 at 10:42 +0000, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Robert Collins <robertc <at> robertcollins.net> writes:
> >
> > I'm not personally very keen on inspecting everything in self.__dict__,
> > I suspect it would tickle bugs in other unittest extensions. However I'm
> > not really /against/ it - I don't think it will result in bad test
> > behaviour or isolation issues. So if users would like it, lets do it.
>
> Why not take all resource_XXX attributes?

Sure, though if we're just introspecting I don't see much risk
difference between resource_XXX and all XXX. As I say above I'm happy to
do it if folk think it will be nice.

> By the way, how does a given test access the allocated resource? Say, the DB
> connection. Does it become an attribute of the test case instance?

yes. Given

class Foo(TestCase):
    resources = {'thing', MyResourceManager()}
    def test_foo(self):
        self.thing

self.thing will access the resource returned by MyResourceManager.make()

-Rob