[Python-Dev] unittest: shortDescription, _TextTestResult and other issues

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Feb 12 02:01:39 CET 2010

Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> writes:

> There is a newline between the testname and the first line of the
> docstring. If there is no docstring behaviour is completely unchanged.
[…]

> shortDescription itself is now unchanged from Python 2.6.

Thanks, that completely addresses and satisfies my concerns about the
test case reporting.

Great work, Michael; not only in the coding, but especially in the
communication about these changes.

--
 \         “Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first |
  `\     principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the |