[Python-Dev] Shared Folders Under Vista

Daniel Stutzbach daniel at stutzbachenterprises.com
Mon Aug 23 04:10:35 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Folders that I create with Cygwin using mkdir appear to be shared - sort
> of. They are denoted with the shared folder icon, and when I use Windows
> Explorer to delete them I get the warning about the folder being shared.

When you say "mkdir", what exactly do you mean?
/usr/bin/mkdir?  If so, what does this question have to do with Python?
Python's os.mkdir?  If so, which version of Python are you using?

What version of Windows are you running?  For what it's worth, I just tried
both of the above on my XP/Cygwin system and did not see the shared folder
icon in Explorer.
--
Daniel Stutzbach, Ph.D.
President, Stutzbach Enterprises, LLC <http://stutzbachenterprises.com>