[Python-Dev] Proposed tweaks to functools.wraps

Eric Snow esnow at verio.net
Fri Aug 13 17:01:57 CEST 2010

Actually, what is the problem with having all decorators add a __decorated__ to the function that ultimately gets returned, pointing to the function they decorated?  I guess I never saw that discussion.  Perhaps set it to None when the decorator is the same as the decorated (no wrapping involved).  The alternative is sifting through closures, trying to figure out which is the decorated function.  Finding the original decorated function has been a real pain, particularly when a function has more than one closure cell.

-eric