[Python-Dev] mingw support?

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 00:41:58 CEST 2010

Terry Reedy:

> I suspect that the persons who first ported Python to MSDOS simply used what
> they were used to using, perhaps in their paid job. And I am sure that is
> still true of at least some of the people doing Windows support today.

   Some Windows developers actually prefer Visual Studio, including me.

   MingW has become less attractive in recent years by the difficulty
in downloading and installing a current version and finding out how to
do so. Some projects have moved on to the TDM packaging of MingW.

http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/

   Neil