[Python-Dev] Windows

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 21:56:54 CEST 2010

On 4 August 2010 20:17, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> Ah. It should certainly be possible to set this up locally - you just
> need to run a buildbot master as well, either on the same machine
> or a different one. The only thing you can't then get is automatic
> notifications on commits. You could emulate this with manually
> triggering builds over the master web pages, or by using buildbot's
> svnpoller change source (which defaults to a poll interval of 10min).
>
> To get started, I could share with you the master configuration of
> python.org (with account information stripped, of course).

Thanks, I'll have a look at what I need to set up when I next get some
time (which may be a few weeks, as I'm on holiday soon :-)). When I
get to a suitable point, I'll get back to you.

It may be that setting up a full master/slave setup is more effort
than it's going to be worth to me (after all, I have a buildslave to
work on in any case...) - I was thinking more of something a little
simpler, just a means of running the tests manually in a service-type
environment. If the buildmaster/slave setup is more than I feel like
setting up, I'll look into that as an alternative.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Paul.