[Python-Dev] Windows

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 21:03:14 CEST 2010

On 4 August 2010 18:42, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> I don't really have any answer to this problem right now. Is it
>> possible to set up a local buildslave-like environment (so I can run
>> the test suite on my development PC without needing to set up access
>> and register that PC as a temporary buildslave, which wouldn't be
>> practical for me)? If I can get an environment where I can run the
>> tests as I need and debug them in place, I might be able to work on
>> improving the reliability of things.
>
> Not sure what you are asking. It's certainly possible to run the test
> suite yourself: just invoke "python Lib\test\regrtest.py" or some such.
>
> So I assume you are asking for something else.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The issues I see tend to look like they come
from the test suite being run under the control of the buildbot
service - issues caused by not having a terminal session or window
station (like the JIT debugger appearing, which Curt pointed out a way
of addressing) or issues relating to my seeing orphaned python_d.exe
processes which never occur for me when running the test suite
manually.

I'm guessing that these issues aren't "simple" test failures, but
somehow triggered by the way in which the environment buildbot
provides differs from a "normal" console session, and so I was looking
for a way to reproduce those conditions.

Paul.