[Python-Dev] No response to posts

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Aug 3 03:28:53 CEST 2010

On 8/2/2010 7:39 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 03/08/2010 00:24, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 00:00:46 +0100
>> Mark Lawrence<breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Fly back at me if you like.  I don't care about me.  I don't care about
>>> you.  I do care about Python.
>>
>> Well, you should care about people. Free software is as much as about
>> building welcoming communities than it is about writing good software.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Antoine.
>>

> Do you build welcoming communities by ignoring posts for ten years?

No, you don't, and the current discussion about how to ensure that bug
reporters get at least the courtesy of a relatively quick reply is one
of the most promising developments in building a welcoming community
that I can remember.

I realise that some people are happier focusing purely on technical
issues, and that's fine. But let's not let that stop us trying to build
a crew of ambassadors to take care of the more touchy-feely side of
things as long as it operates to the language's ultimate benefit.

It takes all sorts to make a world ...

regards
 Steve
DjangoCon US September 7-9, 2010    http://djangocon.us/