[Python-Dev] The Meaning of Resolotion (Re: bug tracker permissions request)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 23:17:02 CEST 2010

R. David Murray wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:11:57 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> On 4/27/2010 5:14 PM, "Martin v. Loewis" wrote:
>>> You only have resolutions on closed issues,
>> Only for 'closed' or also for 'pending' and 'languishing'?
>> If pending were implemented to mean 'auto close in x days', then
>> Resolution would need to be set when Status is set to 'pending'.
>
> Definitely.  Resolution should always be set for Pending, IMO.

Note that I'll occasionally use "pending" to mean "committed to at least
one branch, still need to port/block remaining branches". (e.g. I did it
this week, since 2.7b2 was higher priority than the other branches which
don't have near term binary releases coming up).

I've seen others use it that way as well.

Cheers,
Nick.