[Python-Dev] Anyone can do patch reviews

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Apr 27 20:46:46 CEST 2010

Tres Seaver <tseaver <at> palladion.com> writes:

> This is an excellent set of guidelines.  The only drawback I see here is
> that the current VCS situation makes doing the review more tedious than
> it should be, especially for non-committers.  Or maybe the Hg mirrors
> are truly up-to-date and working?  Last I looked, they were lagging or
> unavailable.

If you only a review a patch (rather than say maintain and evolve it), there's
no point in using hg rather than SVN.
However, the mirrors are most of the time alive and up-to-date (sync period is
around 5 minutes):
http://code.python.org/hg

(perhaps you're thinking about http://hg.python.org/, which is an experimental
conversion of the SVN repo, not really meant for daily use)

Regards

Antoine.