[Python-Dev] Enhanced tracker privileges for dangerjim to do triage.

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Apr 26 13:24:47 CEST 2010

Hello,

> I think it is very much in the interest of Python to evolve our
> processes in order to encourage more core-developers. Evolving means
> experimenting *and* being willing to change. It is certainly less
> *effort* to accept the status quo, but with several more committed and
> enthusiastic (and good) core developers there is an awful lot (more) we
> could achieve.

I certainly agree we should try to attract more good-willed and
competent contributors.

I also agree with Stephen that, in a project with a non-trivial amount
of complexity such as CPython, not having (tracker or commit) privileges
is not the real barrier to entry. You have to learn how the software
works, how its development works, who are the people working on it, etc.

Regards

Antoine.