[Python-Dev] Enhanced tracker privileges for "dangerjim" to do triage.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Apr 25 22:31:22 CEST 2010

I'm trying to get a good friend of mine to start doing bug triage on Python.
As part of my trying to mentor him on it, I've found that many of the common
things I do in triage, like setting a priority for priorityless bugs,
assigning them to people who obviously are the next step, requires enhanced
privileges.

He has no reputation in the Python community, so I'd be up for getting him
started on things that require fewer privileges like verifying older patches
still apply against newer Pythons, or maybe summarizing priority/assignment
changes to the list and having someone (possibly me) make the changes, etc...

However, I will step up for him and say that I've known him a decade, and he's
very trustworthy.  He has been the president (we call that position Maximum
Leader) of our Linux Users Group here for 5 years or so.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sean