[Python-Dev] Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X)

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Apr 15 14:18:59 CEST 2010

In article <4BC63599.5020005 at voidspace.org.uk>,
 Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> A build on my machine produces output similar to:
>

> Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules
> were not found:
> _bsddb

third-party (Sleepycat) library needed (see the installer script)

> dl

only available for 32-bit

> gdbm

third-party library needed (not supplied in the installer build)

> imageop

only available for 32-bit (and removed in 3.x)

> linuxaudiodev      ossaudiodev

neither supported on OS X

> readline

requires either GNU readline lib (not included with OS X) or (with
2.6.5, trunk, or py3k) can now use OS X editline (libedit) replacement
when targeting for 10.5 or 10.6 (add MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5 or
10.6 to ./configure arguments).

> spwd               sunaudiodev

neither supported on OS X

> Failed to build these modules:
> _tkinter

currently only supported for 32-bit archs as there was no 64-bit (non-X)
Tk on OS X prior to 10.6 and there are unresolved problems with the 10.6
Apple-supplied Tk 8.5 and 2.6.x IDLE (Issue6864).

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org