[Python-Dev] Automatic installer builds (was Re: Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X))

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Apr 14 19:41:18 CEST 2010

    Ronald> Creating the Mac installer is easy: just run
    Ronald> Mac/BuildScript/build-installer.py on an OSX 10.5 system where a
    Ronald> local version of Tcl/Tk 8.4 is installed in
    Ronald> /Library/Frameworks. The system should also not have fink or
    Ronald> darwinports and a clean /usr/local tree to avoid contaminating
    Ronald> the build.

For those of us who live in an X11 world and use tools which Apple doesn't
provide, like it or not, Fink or MacPorts are often a practical necessity.
Would it be sufficient to modify the environment so that /sw, /opt/local and
/usr/local don't appear in any paths when the script is run?  On my laptop
(MacPorts installed, not Fink) I see that MANPATH, PATH and INFOPATH are
currently "polluted" with /opt/local.  MANPATH and PATH contain /usr/local.

Skip