[Python-Dev] trunk doctests fail to execute with 2.7 alpha

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Apr 1 13:18:08 CEST 2010

On 01/04/2010 10:05, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> I can not compile Python itself,

Building Python on Windows can be done with free tools, so it should be
possible for you to build Python.

See the instructions here:

http://python.org/dev/faq/#id8

> so I use Alpha version to run tests
> in trunk. Recent update broke successfully running tests. Any hints
> why this happened and how to fix them back?
>

>> C:\~env\Python27\python.exe test\test_doctest.py
>>
> doctest (doctest) ... 66 tests with zero failures
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "test\test_doctest.py", line 2492, in<module>
>      test_main()
>    File "test\test_doctest.py", line 2474, in test_main
>      with test_support.check_warnings(*deprecations):
>    File "C:\~env\Python27\lib\contextlib.py", line 84, in helper
>      return GeneratorContextManager(func(*args, **kwds))
> TypeError: check_warnings() takes no arguments (1 given)

When I run this test with a freshly built Python I get the following:

:\compile\python-trunk\PCbuild
 > python_d.exe ..\Lib\test\test_doctest.py
doctest (doctest) ... 66 tests with zero failures
doctest (test.test_doctest) ... 428 tests with zero failures
[42795 refs]

All the best,

Michael Foord

--