[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: help needed

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 5 18:18:33 CEST 2009

> I don't think this problem is really serious.
> If the push fails, you can just commit (locally) a new changeset that
> repairs the EOL or indentation problems

I would find that unfortunate. It's a fairly irrelevant change, yet
it may manage to corrupt the history (hg blame).

> and push the whole bunch of
> changesets again (I assume the server-side hook will not examine
> changesets individually, but only the last of them?).

That is for us to decide. I can see arguments either way.

But it shouldn't happen often that the server refuses a push;
all errors should already be caught on the clients.

Regards,
Martin