[Python-Dev] a new setuptools release?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Oct 7 20:13:27 CEST 2009

Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, MAL.
>
> How would we judge whether Distribute is ready for inclusion in the
> Python standard lib?  Maybe if it has a few more releases, leaving a
> trail of "closed: fixed" issue tickets behind it?

I guess it'll just have to take the usual path of new modules/packages
for the stdlib...

	http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0002/

(the PEP is a bit outdated, but it still provides a good basis for
 the process)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 07 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/