[Python-Dev] eggs now mandatory for pypi?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Oct 5 13:28:43 CEST 2009

He's not the first one from the Zope community (whatever that is)
that's behaved this way on this specific topic.  The problem here is
that a certain (marginal) user community decides to standardize on a
certain distribution model, and then goes off attacking people who've
released stuff *before* they did that.  That *is* a community problem.

(Luckily, there are people helping out, and the "nice people
driven-development" rule overrides that other rule I mentioned, so
things will get tweaked sooner or later.)

</F>