[Python-Dev] OpenID on PyPI: please discuss on ‘catalog-sig’ (was: Too many Python accounts)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Nov 15 22:58:50 CET 2009

Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> writes:

> myopenid *does* the validation, but my registered openid is
> www.voidspace.org.uk and I *should* be able to change provider without
> creating a new account.

I'm very glad this issue is being discussed, but it's unfortunately
taking place both here (where it's off-topic) and in private email
(where it's not as visible as it should be), which surely doesn't make
much sense.

I have started a new sub-thread over on ‘catalog-sig’ for this topic,
starting with Message-ID: <87zl6npiky.fsf_-_ at benfinney.id.au>
<URL:http://mail.python.org/pipermail/catalog-sig/2009-November/002308.html>.
Please continue the discussion there; I'll be gathering together under
that thread some of the salient messages I've seen.

--
 \     “Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he |
  `\          is supposed to be doing at the moment.” —Robert Benchley |