[Python-Dev] PyPI comments and ratings, *really*?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Nov 13 23:12:34 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 08:43:25AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> There's also no option to vote that decisions on how to manage Python
> infrastructure (like PyPI) shouldn't be made by popular vote.

If the open source approach of 'the maintainer decides' is followed,
well, both the maintainer of the code and the admin of the site is
Martin.  Comments stay, then.

If 'BDFL decides' is followed, GvR thinks the idea is reasonable
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2009-November/094058.html),
though the implementation might be improved.  Again, comments stay.

If popular vote is ruled out, I don't see who else could possibly make
the decision to disable comments and/or ratings.

--amk