[Python-Dev] "setuptools has divided the Python community"

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 26 02:24:08 CET 2009

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> And the often-obscured community: those who desperately want the
> Python stuff to just behave the same way everything else on their
> system does, i.e. be managed approrpiately by the operating system
> package manager. A Python-specific packaging system which makes it
> harder to fit Python packages into a broader OS policy works very
> much at odds with that.

À propos, the Debian Python infrastructure team are currently
preparing a transition to Python 2.6, with some changes in packaging
of distributions using distutils and setuptools.

    <URL:http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20090325212256.GE3765@piotro.eu>

--
 \           “I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I |
  `\        consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no |