[Python-Dev] Ext4 data loss

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Mar 11 19:19:28 CET 2009

> This is especially true given Windows has recently introduced a
> transactional API for NTFS.  Although the tone is - err - gushing - it
> (a) should give some information on what is available, and (b) was high
> on my google search list <wink>
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163388.aspx
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa363764(VS.85).aspx

Of course, we don't have to go to transactional NTFS to find an
equivalent to fsync: applications can call FlushFileBuffers.
Likewise, if applications want every write call to be synchronized,
they can pass FILE_FLAG_WRITE_THROUGH to CreateFile (similar to
what O_SYNC does on POSIX).

Regards,
Martin