[Python-Dev] Draft PEP 385: Migrating from svn to Mercurial

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Mon Jun 8 22:29:32 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 21:57, "Martin v. Löwis"<martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> See my other message. We need to collect SSH keys, and I don't mind
> moving the Jython repository. OTOH, if the Jython repository gets
> converted into hg right away, it's certainly (a little) less work.

Yeah, I guess if you move it to a separate repo on the svn.python.org
server that might be nice. But it's not a big deal either way.

> FWIW, I really think that PEP 385 should really grow a timeline
> pretty soon. Are we going to switch this year, next year, or 2011?

Sorry, I should've been clearer. I fully intend to complete the
conversion in a few months, say by October 1st or sooner. That would
be between 3.1 and whatever the next release will end up being, I
hope? It's just hard to be very specific at this point.

BTW, I tried my hand at rewriting the revlog for the manifest, as
described in the PEP, and it made the full conversion *much* (as in
70%) smaller. I've also been looking at what branches we should keep
and will ask for definitive feedback on that point soonish.

Cheers,

Dirkjan