[Python-Dev] Draft PEP 385: Migrating from svn to Mercurial

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jun 8 21:51:04 CEST 2009

>> Also, Martin suggested we migrate to Python's svn and then go along
>> for the svn->hg ride.  Does that still make sense now that some
>> planning has been done?
>
> I don't think so.  It should not matter from which repository the conversion
> is done, especially since there is no shared history at all.

Also, I would not merge the Jython SVN into the /projects repository,
but instead set up a separate repository (http://svn.python.org/jython,
and svn+ssh://jython@svn.python.org/).

As discussed at PyCon, we should collect SSH keys for Jython committers
in advance of the svn switchover; we would have to do that either way
(also for hg), so now might be the right time to start doing it.

As for the repository organization: I have now opinion (or, rather,
no experience with hg).

Regards,
Martin