[Python-Dev] Issues with process and discussions (Re: Issues with Py3.1's new ipaddr)

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Wed Jun 3 20:53:31 CEST 2009

In article
<20090603181236.12555.1355794514.divmod.xquotient.12321 at weber.divmod.com
>glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> If you want to get email about new issues, subscribe to new-bugs-
> announce at mail.python.org.  If you want to know about every message on
> every issue, subscribe to python-bugs-list at mail.python.org.
>
> But, frankly, I think it's a bad idea to subscribe to python-bugs-list
> for announcements.  The whole point here is that there is simply too
> much going on in python development for anyone to reasonably keep track
> of at a low level.  Guido himself has complained on numerous occasions
> of being too busy to monitor things closely.  A better model is to
> subscribe to new-bugs-announce and selectively pay attention to the bugs
> which are interesting to you; and, when a discussion you're involved in
> gets interesting and becomes of more general interest, raise it on
> python-dev.

Another option: if you are more comfortable with managing information
flow via usenet newsgroups than via email lists, gmane.org provides
mail-to-nntp gateways and archiving of most of the major python mailing
lists, including this one, the bugs list, and code checkins.   It also
supports posting via your news reader, rss feeds, searching, and several
web interfaces.

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.bugs
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.cvs
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel