[Python-Dev] Update to Python Documentation Website Request

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Sat Jul 25 02:24:44 CEST 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 03:23:57 +0200, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de>
wrote:
> I'm sorry to inform you that a wxWindows based solution has zero change
> to get into the Python standard library ever.

Is that a personal preference or is there a software engineering reason
for this?

I wasn't suggesting including it in the standard library as I like others
know how troublesome it can be.

> We are not going to add
> another GUI toolkit to the core distribution. We might even remove TK
> from the core and ship it as a separate package like bsddb3.

So is this a bias against native window applications?

Does the application need to be web based?

or console based?

or TK based... ?

For it to be acceptable..

Thank you