[Python-Dev] "Absolute" paths in PEP 376 RECORD files

Sridhar Ratnakumar SridharR at activestate.com
Thu Jul 9 03:51:25 CEST 2009

Is there any reason why RECORD file can't be generated at runtime? Also,
why should the RECORD file be generated at all by bdist* commands?

A .deb file contains "data.tar.gz" that is simply extracted over "/".
There is no need for RECORD inside a .deb file because it is implicit in
the contents on data.tar.gz.

-srid