[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: progress report (PEP 385)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jul 3 22:36:26 CEST 2009

> So we must work without effective EOL support?

If that's the case (i.e. no effective EOL support, the way svn
supported it), then I think the PEP should make that clear (e.g.
in a discussion section).

For the server-side hooks: it would be good to know exactly
what they check, wrt. line endings.

To find out what files should not be stored with LF line endings,
do "svn pg -R svn:eol-style .|grep CRLF".

For win32text, it would probably be good if the FAQ would provide
the relevant configuration instructions; it would be really helpful
if somebody familiar with Windows and hg could provide detailed
instructions well in advance of August 1.

If we don't have anybody familiar with Windows and hg, we have a
really serious problem.

Regards,
Martin