[Python-Dev] what Windows and Linux really do Re: PEP 383 (again)

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Apr 30 12:48:36 CEST 2009

Thomas Breuel <tmbdev <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So, I created some ISO8859-15 and ISO8859-8 encoded file names on a device,
plugged them into my Windows Vista machine, and fired up Python 3.0.First,
os.listdir("f:") returns a list of strings for those file names... but those
unicode strings are illegal.

Sorry, when you report such experiments, is it too much to ask for a cut and
paste of your Python session?

You are being unhelpful with such unsubstantiated statements, and your mails are
taking a lot of valuable bandwidth.

Antoine.