[Python-Dev] Python-Dev PEP 383: Non-decodable Bytes in System Character?Interfaces

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Apr 29 04:33:53 CEST 2009

On 28Apr2009 11:49, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
| Paul Moore <p.f.moore <at> gmail.com> writes:
| >
| > I've yet to hear anyone claim that they would have an actual problem
| > with a specific piece of code they have written.
|
| Yep, that's the problem. Lots of theoretical problems noone has ever encountered
| brought up against a PEP which resolves some actual problems people encounter on
| a regular basis.
|
| For the record, I'm +1 on the PEP being accepted and implemented as soon as
| possible (preferably before 3.1).

I am also +1 on this.

I would like utility functions to perform:
  os-bytes->funny-encoded
  funny-encoded->os-bytes
or explicit example code snippets for same in the PEP text.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

This person is currently undergoing electric shock therapy at Agnews
Developmental Center in San Jose, California. All his opinions are static,
please ignore him.  Thank you,  Nurse Ratched
- the sig quote of Bob "Another beer, please" Christ <bhatch at netcom.com>