[Python-Dev] Windows buildbots failing test_types in trunk

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Mon Apr 27 17:03:21 CEST 2009

Mark Dickinson pointed out to me that the trunk buildbots are failing
under Windows.

After some analysis, I think this is because of a change I made to use
_toupper in integer formatting. The correct solution to this is to
implement issue 5793 to come up with a working, cross-platform,
locale-unaware set of functions and/or macros for isdigit / isupper /
toupper, etc.

I'll work on this tonight or tomorrow, at which point the Windows
buildbots should turn green.

I don't think this affects py3k, although I'll port it there before the
beta release.

Eric.