[Python-Dev] PEP 383: Non-decodable Bytes in System Character Interfaces

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Sat Apr 25 21:31:40 CEST 2009

-On [20090425 11:01], Paul Moore (p.f.moore at gmail.com) wrote:
>PS Unfortunately, I suspect that the biggest group of people likely to
>be hit badly by this is people using non-latin scripts. And arguing
>probabilities without real data is optimistic at best. But those
>people are also the *least* likely people to contribute on an
>English-speaking list, I guess :-( (Sincere apologies if everyone but
>me on this list happens to actually be fluent English-speaking
>Russians :-))

Even though I am Dutch I have to deal with a variety of scripts for my i18n
and L10n efforts, which includes contributions to Unicode. Aside from that I
also have the fair share of audio files which have the names/descriptions in
the respective script (Thai, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, and so
on).

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Necessity relieves us of the ordeal of choice...