[Python-Dev] 3.1 beta blockers

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Tue Apr 21 13:13:34 CEST 2009

Alessio Giovanni Baroni wrote:
> There are some cases of OutOfMemory? On my machine the float->string
> conversion is all ok. Also 'make test' is all ok.

I assume you're talking about issue 5775. I think it's all explained in
the bug report. Basically, the float->string conversion can now return
an out of memory error, which it could not before. marshal.c's w_object
doesn't check for those error conditions. I doubt they'll ever occur in
any test, but they need to be handled none the less.

It's on my list of things to do in the next week. But if there's anyone
who understands the code and would like to take a look, feel free.

Eric.