[Python-Dev] Dropping bytes "support" in json

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Apr 13 19:19:18 CEST 2009

> I use the json module in 2.6 to communicate with a C# JSON library and a
> JavaScript JSON library.  The C# and JavaScript libraries produce and
> consume the equivalent of str, not the equivalent of bytes.

I assume there is a TCP connection between the json module and the
C#/JavaScript libraries?

If so, it doesn't matter what representation these implementations chose
to use.

> Hope that helps,

Maybe I misunderstood, and you are *not* communicating over the wire.
In this case, I'm puzzled how you get the data from Python to the C#
JSON library, or to the JavaScript library.

Regards,
Martin