[Python-Dev] Evaluated cmake as an autoconf replacement

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Mon Apr 13 01:00:04 CEST 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:49:04 +1000, Neil Hodgson wrote:

>    This means that generated Visual Studio project files will not work
> for other people unless a particular absolute build location is
> specified for everyone which will not suit most. Each person that wants
> to build Python will have to run cmake before starting Visual Studio
> thus increasing the prerequisites.

Given that we're now stuck with using whatever Visual Studio version the
Python maintainers decided to use, I don't see this as a problem. As in:
there is already a far larger and invasive dependency.

CMake is readily available on all platforms, and it can be installed in a
couple of seconds.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.