[Python-Dev] Rethinking intern() and its data structure

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Apr 9 17:31:23 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> PS> I'm not yet subscribed to python-dev, so if you could make sure to
> CC me in replies, I would appreciate it.

Please do subscribe to python-dev ASAP; I also suggest that you subscribe
to python-ideas, because I suspect that this is sufficiently blue-sky to
start there.

As always, this is the kind of thing where code trumps gedanken, so you
shouldn't expect much activity unless either you are willing to make at
least initial attempts at trying out your ideas or someone else just
happens to find it interesting.  In general, the core Python
implementation strives for simplicity, so there's already some built-in
pushback.

Why is this newsgroup different from all other newsgroups?