[Python-Dev] http://bugs.python.org/issue2240

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 05:24:04 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Guilherme Polo <ggpolo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg
> <tleeuwenburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This issue has been largely resolved, but there is an outstanding bug
> where
> > the (reviewed and committed) solution does not work on certain versions
> of
> > FreeBSD (broken in 6.3, working in 7+). Do we have a list of 'supported
> > platforms', and is FreeBSD 6.3 in it?
> >
> > What's the policy with regards to supporting dependencies like this?
> Should
> > I set this issue to 'pending' seeing as no-one is currently working on a
> > patch for this? Or is leaving this open and hanging around exactly the
> right
> > thing to do?
> >

> I would find more appropriate to close this as fixed because the issue
> was about adding setitimer and getitimer wrappers and that is done.
>
> We could then create another issue regarding this bug in specific
> versions of freebsd towards this setitimer/getitimer wrapper. That is
> what makes more sense to me.

Hi Guilherme,

I'd agree with that. I just wonder whether it's necessary to create another
issue, or whether the issue can be marked as 'fixed' without opening the new
issue. It seems like the bug relates only to an older version of a 'weird'
operating system <ducks> and could perhaps be left unfixed without causing
anyone any problems.

Cheers,
-T