[Python-Dev] Mercurial?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Apr 7 16:29:02 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 13:42, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps you should ask Aahz what he thinks about being forced to provide
>> two names before being allowed to contribute.

Thanks for speaking up!  I'm not sure I would have noticed the
implication of Dirkjan's post (I'm not paying a huge amount of attention
to the conversion process).

> Huh? The contributor's agreement list would presumably include real
> names only (so Aahz is out of luck), but the names wouldn't need to be
> limited to just one "word".

What you apparently are unaware of is that "Aahz" is in fact my full
legal name.  (Which was clearly the point of Steven's post since he knows
that Teller also has only one legal name -- it's not common, but we do
exist.)

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz