[Python-Dev] Mercurial?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 23:51:26 CEST 2009

Ben Finney wrote:
> Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> writes:
>> Mercurial appears to best allow the sales pitch to be tailored to
>> the target audience (in this case, a group including a lot of people
>> with a background predominantly involving centralised version
>> control tools).
>
> I don't follow. Wouldn't your preceding points above instead make
> *Bazaar* the one best suited for a group including a lot of people
> with a background predominantly involving centralised version control
> tools?

Yes, but the Bazaar advocates appear to have a hard time convincing the
other existing DVCS users that it provides *enough* access to the
underlying graph. So it then tends to get resisted by the folks that are
already fans of git or Mercurial.

Like I said though, this is a subjective impression formed by reading
what other people have written rather than by actually experiencing any
of the tools myself. I'm sure all of them are quite capable of getting
the job done :)

Cheers,
Nick.