[Python-Dev] bsddb tests disabled by default

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 20 14:58:37 CEST 2008

> Only thing I can think of is that Berkeley DB 4.7 is a ton faster than
> 4.6 or I am running something differently than you:

My suspicion is that there is a bug somewhere, probably in Berkeley DB.
For example, it might acquire some lock with a timeout, hoping that
normally, the lock gets released elsewhere quickly. On OSX, for whatever
reason, that assumption might be false, so the timeout eventually
occurs, along with retries and whatnot.

Of course, that's just a theory - one would have to debug the test suite
to find out what's really going on.

Regards,
Martin