[Python-Dev] My patches

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Thu Oct 30 11:08:35 CET 2008

Hi,

Since some months, I'm trying to improve Python but it's difficult because I'm
not allowed to push patches and I have to wait for some reviews and then for
someone interrested by my patches. Sometimes I just get a good reaction
like "nice patch" and then nothing. Should I stop sending new patches and
work on another project, improve old patches and send an email everydays to
the mailing list to get some reaction?

Barry doesn't want to release Python 3.0rc2 because of release blocker issues.
Guido asked if the mailing list has collapsed.

I don't understand: you want help, but some of my patches are waiting since
many weeks ago... The problem is not just about me, but about anyone trying
to contribute to Python: if it's to hard to contribute, people would just
move to another more reactive project.

---

Well, here is a short list of my patches waiting to be commited:

http://bugs.python.org/issue3727 (fix poplib for python3)
 + patch posted 13 days ago

http://bugs.python.org/issue1210 (fix imaplib for python3)
 + patch posted 16 days ago