[Python-Dev] Backporting multiprocessing?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Oct 22 20:33:00 CEST 2008

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Using Python v < 2.6?  So I don't need to horse around making
> test_multiprocessing.py API compatible with processing 0.52?

I've backported the Python 2.5 svn version of mmap to 2.4 and added it
as multiprocessing._mmap25. The port is just a proof of concept and most
like contains issues with ssize_t -> long transitions. But it's working.

With the latest svn checkout all tests are passing for 2.4.5, 2.5.2 and
2.6.0 on my 64bit Ubuntu box. Somebody needs to test it on Windows,
32bit Linux and BSD.

Christian