[Python-Dev] [ANN] VPython 0.1

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 15:34:53 CEST 2008

On Oct 22, 2008, at 10:16 AM, J. Sievers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I implemented a variant of the CPython VM on top of Gforth's Vmgen;
> this made
> it fairly straightforward to add direct threaded code and
> superinstructions for
> the various permutations of LOAD_CONST, LOAD_FAST, and most of the
> two-argument
> VM instructions.

Is it complete? I don't want to be rude or anything, but the idea I
seem repeated a lot is that it is really easy to do a very fast VM
that supports 95% of the language.

How much of the standard python tests your VM pass?

What is missing, and why?

But besides that, it is always very cool to see another vm project
starting,
Good Luck

--
Leonardo Santagada