[Python-Dev] for __future__ import planning

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 19:23:50 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 00:56, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> I think 2.7 should continue along the path of convergence toward 3.x.  The
> vision some of us talked about at Pycon was that at some point down the
> line, maybe there's no difference between "python2.9 -3" and "python3.3 -2".

I like that. Do we know what the next "hurdle" would be? The testing I
have done seems to indicate that one major area is handling of binary
file data that may or may not be binary. Is a real bytes type (and not
just an alternate spelling for str) a possibility? It may be that this
isn't a problem in practice, I don't know yet. :)

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64