[Python-Dev] issue 4336

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Nov 20 16:59:38 CET 2008

Hello there.
I recently created this issue:  http://bugs.python.org/issue4336
I've had no response so far.  This patch solved a serious performance problem with simple xmlrpc queries for us.
Any interest or thoughts?

I am only slightly uncomfortable with changing the buffersize.   I notice that socket._fileobject.read()
Disallows small recv() calls for performance reasons and forces buffer to at least 8k.  But
readline() does no such things and becomes very inefficient for the unbuffered case.  Maybe it would
be better just to fix socket._fileobject to have _rbufsize be always at lest 8k