[Python-Dev] XXX do we need a new policy?

Benjamin Peterson musiccomposition at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 00:39:26 CET 2008

Grepping through Python's sources tells me that we have over 2,000
"XXX" comments. The thing that irks me about them is that the have a
very slow rate of being resolved, since they usually act more as
"notes to self" rather than easily attainable tasks.

So, I propose that we adopt a policy similar to Twisted's: All "XXX"
comments must have an issue in the tracker and an accompanying link
with the source code. That way we'll have a forum for discussing the
changes and deciding whether they are reasonable enough to
implemented.

--
Cheers,
Benjamin Peterson