[Python-Dev] Issue2889: Add Curses for Windows as native module for 2.6

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat May 24 17:47:57 CEST 2008

> As for PDCurses library itself there is a Makefile in PDCurses
> distribution for Microsoft Visual C++ 2.0+ named vcwin32.mak  I can't
> afford buying Visual Studio to test if it works with newer versions, but
> logically Visual Studio should be able to convert Makefile to a newer
> format.

Visual Studio 2008 Express is free of charge; so you should be able to
work on this with that release.

> So even if can test and script Python part I am afraid I need help from
> someone with experience of Python+Make+Visual Studio.

Then there is little chance that the patch gets accepted. I will have
zero time for this until the beta release, unless the patch just needs
to be applied, compiles without changes, and passes it the test suite.

Regards,
Martin